Limestone Fire Protection District (LFPD)
JOB POSTING: PAID FIREFIGHTER
SALARY: Starting $30,250 per year, plus benefits.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Firefighters are required to work from 0800 hours to 1700 hours, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays and call back as needed. Under direct supervision of the paid Line Officer and other District Officers, the Firefighter’s duties include, but are not limited to: responding to medical calls and fire alarms; perform medical care on persons at the level of Emergency Medical Responder; perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and carry patients from remote and obscure locations. Using skills learned from Firefighter I training, Firefighters will assist in fire prevention, fire suppression, public education, fire equipment/apparatus maintenance and fire station upkeep. LFPD Firefighters are required to obtain Firefighter I Certification and Emergency Medical Responder Certification within the first year of service, and to attend all required training.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Individuals must successfully complete an LFPD background investigation, physical assessment test, oral interview, drug test, cardiac stress test, and physician’s physical.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE: Some experience working with a fire department, EMS and with the public is desirable. Firefighter I Certification and Emergency Medical Responder License preferred.
BACKGROUND, SPECIAL TRAINING, AND SKILLS: Possess a valid State of Oklahoma driver’s license; no felony convictions or criminal record; U.S. citizen; Oklahoma resident; over the age of 21. Individual must be able to demonstrate the physical ability to perform the duties of a Firefighter.
EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An employee must regularly be required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Also regularly must be able to bend, stoop, twist, and reach with hands and arms.
- An employee may be asked on a regular basis to lift 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements are close, distance and color vision, peripheral and depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employees may be expected to perform duties outdoors in all types of weather on emergency scenes.
- At emergency scenes, the employee may be required to lift persons and objects in excess of 100 lbs.
- Employees at emergency scenes will be required to work at excessive heights via the use of ladders or lifting devices and will be exposed to excessive heat, cold, wet and hazardous situations.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications for the Paid Firefighter position can be obtained here (LFPD Application) or in person at Limestone Station #1 – 5262 East Highway 20, Claremore, OK. Applications shall be available in the Dispatch Office 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday and should be returned to the same address, Attn: Human Resources.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 5 pm. (CST) on Friday, December 13, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of applications.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the LFPD Chief’s Office who will provide more information about the District and the dates for interviews.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER